Friday, January 3, 2014

Walnuts: The wonder nut

I still remember my childhood days, when my mother used to give me a fist full of brown rust colored nuts.... Walnuts!! I so used to unlike the taste. But today, I am thankful to her.

It's like every food we eat benefits us in some way or the other. Walnuts, are classified as nuts and oilseeds in the world of nutrition. 

As it has the name.. it creates a wall of immunity in our body and protects the pump machine...Heart... against the bad cholesterol (TRIGLYCERIDES). It is a store house for good quality protein, vitamin B6, minerals like calcium and potassium, polyunsaturated fatty acids,  omega3 fatty acids.

The latter that I mentioned is the key component of this nut. To understand it simple, we require two kinds of fatty acids in our system: omega3 and omega6. The former is important to cut down your cholesterol levels in the body and protect our heart. An ounce (28g) of walnuts provides 2.6g of ALA (precursor of omega3) which gets converted into the active and absorptive form in the body.

Not only your heart but it is essential for your brain, skin and hair. Just a fist full of this nut will help you become more wise, look younger and of course give you a healthy and happy heart. So grab a fist full of optimal health....

No comments:

Post a Comment